Fostering Lesson 4. Vision & Mission
Summary of skill
- Vision is the big picture: where are we going?
- Mission is how you get there, what you do
- Being a leader = holding a vision and supporting the mission
- What is the vision that animates your spiritual leadership?
- What is the mission that embodies your vision at this time?
- How are you supporting the mission?
- Review Tzaddi mission & vision statements
- Reflect on your vision & mission
- Review Active Compassionate Listening skill from Partnering for Spiritual Growth & Service
- Partner sharing exercise: one person shares vision & mission while the other practices Active Compassionate Listening, then switch roles
Resources for reflection & discussion
- Core Lesson 006, Amy Skezas, Offering Spiritual Counseling, “Seven Basic Skills” and “Attentive Listening with Compassion,” pp. 7 – 21
- Anne & Charles Simpkinson, “Feeding One Another” in Mark Brady, ed., The Wisdom of Listening, pp. 40 – 45
- Karen Armstrong, Twelve Steps to Living a Compassionate Life, pp. 8 – 23